Joint Science and Technology Workshops with contiguous research projects and initiatives
Participation in medical conferences
- LUM will be showcasing the entire ReMeDi system to sonographers and cardiologists at the Pol-Echo conference to be held in 12-13 May 2017 in Lublin, Poland.
- As part of the the Conference „Edukacyjne, etyczne i biotechnologiczne aspekty robotyzacji medycyny” , Dorota Szczesniak-Stanczyk presented ReMeDi to150 medical students at the Medical University of Lublin, Poland on 18 March 2016. She also presented ReMeDi to a representative of the Polish Ministry of Health and a discussion about the potential application of the robotic solution to the Polish healthcare system ensued.
- Dorota Szczesniak-Stanczyk presented the poster 'Remote Medical Diagnostician project: Achievements and Limitation tele-echocardiography. This was followed by a discussion with a Philips representative about cooperation in telemedicine.
- Dorota Szczesniak-Stanczyk presented a moderated poster ReMeDi - The Novel Robotic System for Remote Echocardiography - the Role of Cardiologists in the Design Process and the First Experience with the Remote Echocardiography. Telemedicine and e-Health 2016, 2-5 September, 2016, Warsaw, Poland.
- Dorota Szczesniak-Stanczyk presented the poster ‘ Remote Medical Diagnostician Project: Novel approach for teleconsultation and telediagnostics’.,at the e-Cardiology and e-Health conference 2016 from 24-26 October 2016, Berlin, Germany. The audience consisted of medical doctors and the telemedical industry.
- LUM will be showcasing the entire ReMeDi system to sonographers and cardiologists during the Pol-Echo conference to be held in 12-13 May 2017 in Lublin, Poland.
- D. Szczesniak-Stanczyk, W. Brzozowski, A. Wysokinski, M., K. Arent, J. Jakubiak, and M. Janiak, A. Peer, M. Buss, B. Stanczyk, Tscheligi, C. A. Avizzano, E. Ruffaldi, L. v. Gool, A. Fossati, 'New Medical Robotics Project - Echo of the Future' XVI Ogólnopolska Konferencja Sekcji Echokardiografii Polskiego Towarzystwa Kardiologicznego (National Conference of the Section of Echocardiography of the Polish Society of Cardiology). The ReMeDi Project was presented by LUM during the poster session. 16 May 2014. Lublin, Poland.
- Angelika Peer, “Towards remote medical diagnostician”, Surgical Robotics Forum, London, March, 2015.
- Angelika Peer, Keynote: “Towards remote medical diagnosticians”, AISB 2015, Canterbury, 22 April, 2015.
ReMeDi-meets-Industry Events at fairs or workshops
- ReMedi presented to respresentatives of science, medicine and the media at the XIII conference on Medical Robots, Zabrze, Poland.
- ReMeDi was presented to the 2016 Innorobo exhibition audience. For 3 days the principle of opeeration was tested on one of the team members. May 24-36, 2016, Paris, France.
- Wojciech Brzozowski and Radosław Zarczuk from LUM presented a poster to the Polish Echocardiography Association members a their XVIII annual meeting. 3-4 June 2016.
- Marcin Jawor showed the ReMeDi platform at RoboCup 2016 in Leipzig, Germany. He gave a presentation and talked to interested partipants.
- The ReMeDi second prototype was presented at MEDICA TRADES 2016 in Düsseldorf, Germany 16-19 November 2016 to medical appliance producers from the medical and pharmaceutical industry.
- Dorota Szczesniak-Stanczyk gave a presentation ‘The Practical Application of Robots in Medicine. Medical Robotic Projects conducted at LUM. as part of the III Ogólnopolskiej Konferencji „Innowacje w Praktyce”, Lublin, Poland, 24-25 November 2016.
- Dorota Szczęśniak-Stańczyk, Małgorzata Szyszko, Radosław Zarczuk, Robert Błaszczyk,Bartłomiej Stańczyk, Adam Kurnicki, and Marcin Jawor demonstrated the second prototype of the ReMeDi robot at EuroEcho - Imagine 2016 Congress organised by the European Society of Cardiology. 3200 healthcare professionals attended the Congress. Visitors were invited to sit in the diagnostician position, use the DiagUI and test the system on the mannequin. 7-9 December, 2016., Leipzig, Germany.
- Bartlomiej Stanczyk, Marcin Jawor, Adam Kurnicki, and Paweł But presented the working ReMeDi prototype and distributed flyers to IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems IROS, Hamburg, Germany.29 September - 2 October 2015. SSSA presented a prelimanary evaluation fo the palpation DiagUI in association with a paper published at the same conference.
- Participation in the XII International Medical Robots Conference, 12-13 December, 2014, Zabrze, Poland.
- D. Szczesniak-Stanczyk, W. Brzozowski, A. Wysokinski, M., K. Arent, J. Jakubiak, and M. Janiak, A. Peer, M. Buss, B. Stanczyk, Tscheligi, C. A. Avizzano, E. Ruffaldi, L. v. Gool, A. Fossati, 'Towards a Remote Medical Diagnostician (ReMeDi) – A Medical Robotics Project', XI International Medical Robots Conference, 13 December 2013, Zabrze, Poland. The ReMeDi Project was presented by LUM and WRUT during the selected presentations session.
Other Conference Presentations
- WRUT and ACCREA gave presentations a the Internatioanal Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics. The conference aims to bring together engineeers and scientists from academia, research institutes and industry to discuss the latest developments and requirements in traditional and non- traditional areas of automations and robotics.
- WRUT, PLUS and LUM gave a presentation at the 9th International conference on Human System Interaction. The conference focuses not only on the theoretical side but also offers practical insights related to HSI.
- At the Krajowa Konferencja Robotyki (the 14th National Conference on Robotics ) WRUT, ACCREA and LUM gave in total five presentations related to the results obtained in ReMeDi. Demonstration of the ReMeDi system to the roboticists community in Poland was a complementary activity, which met with a great interest. Polanica Zdrój, Poland, 14-18 September, 2016.
- Thomas Probst gave a presentation at the 14th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2016 Workshops), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 8-16 October 2016. The main scope is to bring together researchers from the diverse fields of engineering, computer science, social and bio-medical science to discuss the current and next generation of Assistive Technologies.
- Emanuele Ruffaldi presented the first version of the interface featuring haptic feedback and augmented reality developed in the project at the 10th IEEE Symposium on User Interfaces as a poster presentation on 23-24 March, 2015 in Arles, France to an audience of engineers and computer scientists.
- WRUT, LUM and ACCREA attended the 8th International Conference on Human System Interaction. 25-27 June, 2015.
- WRUT and ACCREA gave 3 presentations at the Internatioanal Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics This is an annual conference that took place in Międzyzdroje, Poland, 24-27th August, 2015.
- SSSA presented a paper on the integration of haptic feedback and augmented reality in the DiagUI for USG at the EMBC 2015, 25-29 August, 2015, Milan, Italy to healthcare professionals, engineers and computer scientists.
- Juan Manuel Jacinto Villegas and Carlo Alberto Avizzano presented 2 papers related to the development of he ReMeDi haptic interface controller and kinematics at the 9th IEEE European Modelling Syposium on Mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulation, held on the 6-8th October, 2015 in Madrid, Spain.
- Michat Drwięga gave a presentation at the 13th Annual Student Science Conference in Wroclaw, Poland. The aim of he conference is to support young scientists.
Presentation for Medical Doctors
Dissemination to the media at large
- The regional variation of the national TV channel: TVP 3 Lublin broadcast a program about ReMeDi on 10 January 2017.
- Manuel Giuliani spoke about the ReMeDi project at Sonophilia This event brings together young entrepreneurs, creatives and influencers to exchange ideas. The talk was well received. It focussed on the user-centered design approach in ReMeDi, and the importance of studying new human-robot interfaces in the context of their usage. The talk also gave details about involving future users of the ReMeDi robot to design the robot's appearance and system capabilities. Salzburg, Austria. 23 January, 2016
- Dorota Szczęśniak-Stańczyk, Wojciech Brzozowski , Bartłomiej Stańczyk, Paweł Matuszkiewicz, and Adam Kurnicki demonstrated the ReMeDi Robot in action and talked about the system’s components, the reasons behind the project and current progress on TVP Nauka (Polish Science TV) on the 4 June, 2016.
- Bartlomiej Stanczyk was profiled as part of TV programme about creative people in the region. He demonstrated not only his passion for accordions but also his passion for the ReMeDi robot on 23 June, 2016.
- On 5-7 Oct 2015 ACCREA and LUM took part in a recording of a program about projects conducted in POLAND for the Polish Discovery Canal +. The program, part of the series Wynalazcy przyszłości (Inventors of the Future) was broadcast 10 February 2016.
- An article about the ReMeDi project - 'Badanie na odległość wkrótce możliwe? Narobota z Lublina czekają lekarze z całego świata' by Katarzyna Prus.- appeared in the Lublin regional daily newspaper, Dziennik Wschodni, on 3 February 2016.
- Dorota Szczesniak-Stanczyk (LUM) and Bartlomiej Stanczyk (ACCREA) presented the ReMeDi project during the meeting Health, Demographic Changes and Well Being in Horizon 2020, organized by Lublin Regional Contact Point on 10th June 2015, Lublin, Poland.
- Dorota Szczesniak-Stanczyk (LUM) and Bartlomiej Stanczyk (ACCREA) presented the ReMeDi project to Training: Horizon 2020 - Rules for participation in the program and practical guidance on the preparation of projects in the field of health organized by Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland, 17th June 2015.
- Krzysztof Arent gave a presentation of the ReMeDi robotic system concept to students of teh School of Electro-Mechanical Engineering at the Xidan University, China in September 2015.
- Bartlomiej Stanczyk gave a presentation about the scope of the project and its current progress, and distributed flyers in Fit for Health 2.0 and Health-NCP-Net 2.0, Horizon 2020 Health Partnering Day, Brussels, Belgium, 17 September 2015.
- Bartlomiej Stanczyk gave a presentation about the scope of the project and its current progress, and distributed flyers in ICT 2015 - Innovate, Connect, Transform, Lisbon, Portugal, 20-22 October 2015.
- ReMeDi was presented to the medical personnel of the Cardiology Department and students of Medical University of Lublin in February 2014.
- ReMeDi flyers were distributed at the ICT Proposers' Day, a networking event to promote European ICT Research & Innovation, focusing on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme for 2015, 9-10 October 2014, Florence, Italy.
- Bartlomiej Stanczyk participated in a Brokerage Event for the ICT 24 Call for Robotics and General Assembly of euRobotics AISBL, Brussels, Belgium, 9 December, 2014.
- Publication in the Medical University of Lublin's quarterly magazine- Medicus: D. Szczesniak-Stanczyk, W. Brzozowski, A. Wysokinski 'Roboty w słuzbie Kardiologii' - Robots in the Service of Cardilogy. ALMA MATER 1(90)2014 p.50-53. ISSN 1230-0497 – article in Polish.